Everyone benefits from breastfeeding: you, your baby, and your family!
Breastfeeding takes a team!
Breastfeeding matters because…
- Breast milk is convenient, always the right temperature and available anytime.
- Breast milk provides optimal nutrition for human infants.
- Breastfeeding is free and environmentally friendly.
- Breastfeeding promotes bonding between you and your baby.
- Breastfeeding satisfies both your and your baby’s emotional needs.
- Breastfeeding builds healthy eating habits and relationships for life.
- Breastfeeding reduces health care costs for the family and society.
Breastfeeding is important for you and your baby.
For the first 6 months, your baby only needs Breastmilk.
Breastfeeding matters to your baby, because breastfeeding…
- Provides the optimal food for human infants.
- Gives your baby a healthy start in life.
- Promotes healthy brain development.
- Decreases the risk of ear, chest and stomach infections.
- Prevents diarrhea.
- Decreases the risk of digestive diseases such as Crohn’s disease.
- Decreases the risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS).
- Decreases the risk of obesity.
- Promotes proper jaw and tooth development.
- Promotes bonding, trust and attachment